An inquest into the fatal poisoning of a man in an Irish city is expected to find a large number of machines, including those used to remove asbestos and other pollutants, can’t reliably detect harmful chemicals.
An inquest into a man who died after inhaling fumes from an asbestos-containing machine has been adjourned.
The man, who is understood to be in his 70s, was found in a bathtub with a fever and a high temperature, a coroner said on Thursday.
He was found dead in January 2017, in the city of Dublin, in an area known as the North Circular.
It is understood that the machines he was using at the time had a malfunction that could have triggered the poisoning.
His death was ruled accidental.
The Coroner’s Office is due to release a report into the incident on April 16.
The inquest into Mr O’Neill’s death was adjourned for two weeks on Thursday and was expected to resume in May.
Mr O’Brien died in March 2018 at a home in Southport, in north Dublin, after suffering a heart attack.
He had suffered heart problems since his late teenage years.
Mr Murphy, who was a manager at the machine, is understood by the Irish Times to have complained about a problem with a ventilation system and said that he was forced to put a device on his chest that could detect the presence of chemicals in his lungs.
Mr Murtagh said that the ventilation system had been removed by the owner, but the company that operated the equipment did not have a “certificate of operation” from the Irish Safety Authority.
The machine was fitted with a ventilator that would allow it to ventilate the house to prevent a dangerous level of carbon monoxide from building up.
Mr McAllister, a retired employee of the company who also owns a car dealership, told the inquest that he had not been able to find out if the ventilation unit had been installed properly and if it had been tested to see if it could detect any toxic substances in his breath.
The company that installed the ventilation did not respond to requests for comment.
The coroner said the company was a subsidiary of the German company BASF.
The ASFA has been given a list of chemicals that can be detected by the ventilation, but it does not include chemicals that could trigger respiratory problems.
It said that it did not require companies to provide certificates of operation for their ventilation systems, but that it would look into the possibility of issuing a warning.
“There are no certificates of operations for ventilation systems in Ireland, the ASFA would welcome an investigation by the Gardaí and the ASRA to assess the risk posed by the machines,” it said in a statement.
“The ASRA will have to look at any problems that may be identified to determine whether to issue a warning or a suspension of operation.”
The ASDA said that in the case of the ventilation in Mr O’s case, it could not say whether the ventilation had been properly installed, but would consider a possible complaint to the Gardai.
The Garda said in 2016 that the company had “proceeded to comply” with the ASMA’s requirements and that it had “no evidence to suggest that there has been any safety concern”.
It said the ventilation was “in compliance” with all its rules and regulations, including the standards for ventilation and ventilation systems.
The Irish government has been investigating the deaths of more than 70 people in Ireland in the past 10 years, including an Irish-born man who was found with a heart defect and a man with a brain tumour.